Bernie's mittens earrings

Bernie’s mittens have (quite rightly) been all over social media. I can’t even pick a favorite.
I don’t really do memes, so I did earrings instead.
Designed in Inkscape, laser cut on 3mm pine. :purple_heart:
ETA 1/30 Decided to add color to some:

ETA 1/27 Updated version with nicer lines:

39 Likes

LOVE! I’m excited about Bernie’s meme. It’s feels like it’s been such a long time for something silly for everyone to bond over.

7 Likes

I love those earrings! I really like that they’re a subtle nod to the mittens, the man, and the memes! I would totally wear them.

I haven’t gotten tired of the memes, yet, especially because so many are just so darn clever, and I’m glad that so many of my friends are compiling them. They’ll be fun to look back on as a fun reminder of the day.

6 Likes

Love!!!

Ok, that’s hilarious! :laughing: I hope your meme-in-IRL contribution is appreciated by the wider internets.

1 Like

This makes me happy. It’s so good seeing a sweet, silly news story for a change.

2 Likes

What a great riff on the meme! Plus just charming winter earrings!

A friend on mine took an old pic of me he had and Bern-ed me yesterday!

13 Likes

I love those earrings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

These are great. @TheMistressT that pic is hysterical.

2 Likes

Those are adorable!

1 Like

I added detail lines, which I like way more, and made a bunch. If anyone wants a raw pair, no finish, no hardware, I’m happy to drop them in the mail free!

6 Likes

:point_right: WOOHOO! Your awesome project is a featured project this week! :point_left:

1 Like

These are so cool! I love that they are subtle. When someone sees them, it will be like finding hidden prize.

1 Like

I have a pretty over the top awesome earring collection, and I love things like that. I have a pair I made out of fuses from my car and sometimes someone will stop me and ask “Hey, are those fuses? That’s so cool!”
It’s extra special when students say something. I teach high school and I had a student a few years back who, after she wasn’t my student anymore, stopped by my room every day to see my earrings. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s the little things. :wink:

5 Likes

That’s what students will always remember!
I have a pair of robot earrings and I remember when I wore them in school for the first time. My students immediately noticed and were fascinated. My sister and I have always had a thing for extraordinary earrings. Two years ago I found a pair of earrings that were the silhouette of Bud Spencer laser-cut from an old record.
So yeah for Bernie‘s mitten earrings :star_struck:

1 Like

@saintcady gave me a pair of Bernie earrings. I wore them to school today and made one of my students quite jealous. She thinks they are AMAZING!!

2 Likes

I got a pair too! They are really so neat-o.

1 Like

Hey–I think it is great that many crafting people got a little nod from this iconic figure and meme! I love seeing the Bernie projects popping up…and I bet he is grudgingly amused as well…love the mitten earrings!

1 Like

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!