Bert the Ghost

I bought this pattern (Glowbert the Ghost, from Theresa’s Crochet Shop) with the intention of using Lion Brand Glow yarn, but my yarn order was canceled when it was no longer in stock (in spite of what it said online). I quickly ordered some glow yarn online, and while it glows extremely well, it was a bit of a beast to work with, so I switched to just regular white RHSS. Hence, he’s no longer Glowbert. He’s simply Bert.

He stands a tiny bit larger than the 3 1/2" the pattern says because I used a larger hook than the pattern called for. I also had to use slightly larger eyes (15mm instead of 12mm) because I didn’t have solid black eyes in the smaller size.

16 Likes

He is adorable, whether he glows or not!

2 Likes

That little face and those hopeful eyes! I adore this little spooker.

3 Likes

He’s so adorable! The larger eyes are perfect for him, I think!

1 Like

Aw, what a lil cutie!

1 Like

He’s so cute!
I knitted a ghostie that looks like his twin! :ghost:

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! It’s been a bit of a week (why did I think it was smart to organize a school dance on the last week of the term?), so I’m just getting back here! And, I have to say that Bert has been making me smile all week.

The pattern was well written, and pretty easy to make, so I’ll definitely be trying that glow yarn I have when I am a bit more relaxed.

1 Like

Bert makes me so happy.

2 Likes

Thanks! Me too! And, in spite of his lack of glowability, I think he’s perfect :smiley:

1 Like