Best Size Zipper for Unplanned Pouches?

Hello! I was just perusing the newest Jo-Ann circular and saw that C&C zippers are going to be buy a 3, get 3 deal next week (Mar 27-29). At some point this year I want to do some stash busting with zipper pouches! What do your tried and true sizes for zippers for your most-made sizes of zipper pouches?

1 Like

I would recommend you don’t buy zippers from JoAnn’s if you are planning on using a ton of them. I bought these from Amazon in both the 9" and 12" although I use the 9" the most for my zip pouches. So far, these have worked very well for me and are a much better deal than JoAnn.

Edit: It looks like those particular ones are unavailable, but there are similar products at similar price point.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll have a look. I’m thinking of getting 6 for pouches and some for lingerie bags for washing.

2 Likes

I also bought those or similar and they work just great! I like longer lengths because I can cut them off to the exact size or make wide open pouches were the zippers extend beyond the pouches. I find 9-12 works the best as well.

Can you use red, white or blue? I have so many brand news ones, long story short, I thought I was getting 25 total and ended up getting 25 of each color…I would be happy to send some to you!

2 Likes

Haha! Oh, how the internet shopping can mislead us! I could use any of those colors, @AIMR. Thanks! I have several pieces of various Tim Holtz prints that are mostly r/w/b that I want to use. Let me know what I can swap you!

1 Like