Beta Fish 4x6's

I don’t normally paint, but I wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone for the 4x6 art swap. Now that both my partners have their artwork, I can post. I was really pleased with how these turned out Before, every time I tried painting, my results were less than encouraging. I tried really hard on these.

I used shimmery paint to go over them to get an iridescent shimmer. I don’t think it showed up that well in photos, but it’s there in person.
I think these are some of my first successful paintings and plan to do more for the 4x6 swap!
Thanks for checking them out! :smiley:

40 Likes

These are spectacular, swoon-worthy, and definitely do not “say” beginner. Very well done.

2 Likes

Oh those are so pretty!!

2 Likes

WHOA! And WOW! You sure don’t paint normally, you paint extraordinarily!

3 Likes

This is gorgeous!

2 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous. :two_hearts: And you don’t usually paint?!? :joy: The organic movement is also wonderfully shown.

3 Likes

So pretty!
I love their tails and their eyes.

2 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous fishies!

2 Likes

These are absolutely beautiful! Color, shape, movement… all of it!

1 Like

THESE ARE SOOOOO PRETTY!! I can’t believe you don’t normally paint!

2 Likes

These are beautiful!

2 Likes

These are so stunning!

2 Likes

These look fantastic! You need to paint more often :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, they are so beautiful!

3 Likes

Awe. Thanks, everyone. You are all so sweet and encouraging. I think the key for me was starting small. I bought a bunch of the 4x6 canvas boards so that I can experiment some more for future 4x6 swaps.

1 Like

The colors are so beautifully done on the fishes!!

1 Like

I’d say you should push yourself outside your comfort zone more … those are AMAZING !

2 Likes

Wow! These are really incredible.

2 Likes

Absolutely lovely.

2 Likes

These are just beautiful!! Gorgeous! I can’t believe you don’t paint much!

2 Likes