Better Use of Bulky Yarn than a Rigid Cowl

A few weeks ago, I made a cowl trying to use up some bulky yarn…it was a nightmare and the end product was akin to making a neck brace: stiff, uncomfortable, and just plain ick!

I decided to frog the whole thing and made a useful basket instead…it will be used to hold my mask making fabric scraps and is a much better use. I was inspired to make baskets by @susieoregon and @magpie…I have about three half skeins of bulky left but will leave it for another day…it is just not my favorite yarn and it hurts my hands to crochet it anymore! ugh…I might just give it away.

25 Likes

I love how it looks! Very modern and practical. But if it doesn’t bring you joy to make it you should just give the yarn away.

2 Likes

Lovely!

1 Like

Oh how nice! I thought of another basket I could use for dog toys. Ha. It is a bear on the hands especially if you want to keep your stitches tight!

1 Like

I can tell when I am tired by looking at my crochet and knitting pieces! I was never good at amigurumi because of not being able to keep up the tight stitches!

Great save! The colorway really compliments the sort of ropey vibe giving it a jaunty, nautical feel.

1 Like

Nice! Turned out great. That thicker yarn is good for stiff projects, not so much as a collar I guess, haha.

1 Like

You’ll be sorry you took that cowl apart if you get rear ended.

Cute basket!

3 Likes

Lol!! I totally didn’t get your comment at first and now I’m cracking up. :rofl:

2 Likes

Doesn’t she have a witty sense of humor? Always makes me laugh with her online zingers…ha ha ha!

2 Likes

Oh I love that basket! So stylish!

1 Like

I loved that scarf but the basket is so wonderful too.