Big Mountains acrylic painting

This particular thing became apparent to me when I painted a swap gift the exact colors she said she DIDN’T want. I painted over it completely, and then restarted, and it turned out 9,512 x better. That was when I learned redo is okay, and sometimes, just keep adding layers. more, more more.

But it still helps seeing where you are. to where you arrived. Because I would have been stuck, and not known where to go. I love the whit being the top layer, with dry brush down. it’s winter snow on mountains made of northern lights. a place to get lost, for sure.

2 Likes

I love the peacefulness of the after painting, and also the enthusiasm of the before picture. Amazing work!

I love mountains (we don’t have any) and yours make me think of Autumn. I think it is an awesome painting! :metal:t2:

Thanks for sharing your process and your start too :heart:

How wonderful :smiley: glad you were able to finish it! And it looks quite cool in the end, perfect for getting lost in meditation :smiley:

I don’t understand painting at all. First, I love the before just as much! Second, how did it turn into the finished product? How!? That’s amazing.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t know how that happens either, one minute I was dance painting white lines across the canvas to extremely loud music and a few hours later there were mountains :smile_cat: Once the main thing shows up I can see more of a way forward but usually my process is paint till something happens lol. Probly why they take a year to finish…

2 Likes

@alteredmommy I are with@bananaleg I love where you started and where you finished

The original was good, the mountain version even better!
I love it.

I love that you paint so organically. I have to plan it out. I wish I could be more open. I love how your painting turned out and I love seeing your journey. The mountain in the front with the purple paint drips is my favorite area of the painting. Beautifully done.

1 Like

How did I miss this before? WHOA. You’ve really captured the calm majesty of mountains, but also the tectonic power behind their creation.