Big Mountains acrylic painting

I started this 3 ft by 3 ft canvas in late 2018, over a few months I put at least 8 different layers (acrylic paint, inks) on plus random marks and even a bit of collage. Then it hung on my studio wall for the last 6 months while I got distracted with a million other things, none of which involved paint :roll_eyes:
While cleaning and making a lovely new meditation corner in the studio, I got reinspired and busted out the paint. A week later and I think this one is finally done! After a little gilding of course.

IMG_5537%20(1)

this is what I started with:
IMG_5516

I’m hoping this will bode well for my pile of unfinished works, here’s to the making mojo in 2020!

30 Likes

The before and after are both so pretty! I love the light and the dark and how well all the colors blend. Makes me really wish I had a studio, too.

2 Likes

its really just one of my empty nest bedrooms :wink: but works great as a painting studio/meditation room!

1 Like

This is stunning! I love it so much :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That is gorgeous. You must be so happy to have finished it! Where will you display it?

1 Like

Super spacey! I like it!

1 Like

So you started out with all of that powerful energy underneath and ended up with a calming and soothing piece of art…the transformation is wonderful…

And yes, I also hope you will stay motivated to do more…

5 Likes

I adore the effects on the sun/moon and all the drip marks on the hills and mountains. The whole piece is so beautiful! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds heavenly.

1 Like

haha there are a few more to take its place-so good at starting, finishing well… I’ll change out an older painting with this one, not a lot of open wall here

3 Likes

I am just in awe of what the after became. And then I saw the before, and I am even more in awe. It’s beautiful. And, I’m a sucker for mountains.

1 Like

Oooh, this is gorgeous!

1 Like

I love the end result. I like seeing the before and after too!

You are inspiring me to pull out my large unfinished canvas as well

2 Likes

Ooohhh this is beautiful! I also really love paintings that have lots of secret layers underneath.

2 Likes

I really love this! It’s beautiful! I love all the colors and texture/details. Great job!

1 Like

This is so beautiful! I love the way you layer colour!

1 Like

This is lovely. Truly beautiful work.

1 Like

In love!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

How do i love thee? OH, THE MANY WAYS! :four_leaf_clover::shamrock:

The best is really showing where you were to where you arrived. Because that’s the kinda stuff i need to see. I’m such a beginner and it’s a stretch. Wow. and see where you ended!!!

HERE YOU ARE

2 Likes

Aw thank you for the lovely comments :smile_cat:

@JoyfulClover every painting has that uh “what the hell is this” moment (mine do anyway lol) I subscribe to the never be afraid to paint over and use LOTS of paint school of thought. And my favourite Golden liquid paints, which are like heaven in a bottle!

2 Likes