Bird Nest Hoop

This little hoop has a lot of things, a tiny bit of embroidery, some crochet, beading… I wasn’t sure where to put it! I made this fro the Little Good Things swap, based off a Pin my partner had. The little flowers and leaves are from a book called “100 Lace Flowers to Crochet”, the nest is just yarn wound around and sewn down all willy-nilly. Embroidered bird tracks and beads!

The butterfly was a last minute addition, it was missing something but I couldn’t decide what, and put it out to the internet.

20 Likes

So pretty @Smeddley! I’m new to making hoops but I can’t wait to make more!

2 Likes

Still love the footprints! :green_heart:

2 Likes

I really like all the textures.

2 Likes

The birds nest is the cutest.

2 Likes

What a fun hodgepodge of techniques!

2 Likes

I really like the dimension the bird’s nest and flowers add. Such a unique idea to combine crochet and embroidery together!

2 Likes

Lovely! Knitting, embroidery, crochet, beading…you’ve got it covered. This is definitely representative of good little things :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so cute! I love the birds nest!

2 Likes

This is darling. All the different mediums and the three dimensional aspects really make this a unique stand-out.

1 Like

This is cute, I hope the partner liked it :smiley: and I think it’s good for this category :smiley:

1 Like

The wee foot prints of parent bird wandering off to find dinner… Love!

1 Like

I’m so glad people like it, I was a bit worried it was TOO hodge-podge in the techniques!!!