Bird painting

I did this painting for a local art exhibition recently. I went to the opening on Friday night, and the judge awarded it best contemporary painting, which was exciting! There was even a cash prize, more money for paint haha :smile:

Itโ€™s not the greatest photo - it has a metallic copper layer which is tricky to catch. Acrylic and inktense on canvas.

28 Likes

So pretty! Congrats on the award too! :1st_place_medal:

1 Like

Wow! A well deserved win! I love all the texture in the background and that reflection!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning! Well done!

1 Like

Aaah! Congratulations!! :trophy:

1 Like

Beautiful painting, and yay you!

1 Like

You have expanded your repertoire!

I like this new look for your birds. The medium is perfect for creating this mood. Congrats on what I expect will the just the first of many art awards!

1 Like

Youโ€™ve made the bird look contemplative and thatโ€™s quite a trick.

3 Likes

Congrats! How exciting! That painting really is something special. Makes me want to feel the texture of it. The reflection is marvelous!

1 Like

The blend of colors at the bottom, the texture at the top, the reflection of the bird - they all work really well together in creating a very atmospheric piece. Congratulations on the award, it was well deserved!

2 Likes

Wow! The reflection of the bird and the overall mood of the piece is incredible. You can almost feel all of the textures through the screen. Well deserved award!

Iโ€™m glad to see you posting more of your work, you are incredibly talented!

3 Likes

Gorgeous! I can see why it won. Itโ€™s absolutely beautiful. Like Photojenn said, the mood of the piece is incredible. Gives you all the feels.

2 Likes

Itโ€™s absolutely stunning. Very deserving of a prize.

1 Like

Wow, congratulations!
It is stunning!

1 Like

Wowwwwwww!!! This is beautiful! I bet it looks even more amazing in person with that metallic effect! Well-deserved win, congratulations!

1 Like

This is gorgeous. I love the placement of the bride, it makes the whole picture really dynamic in a minor chord kind of way.

Well deserved win!

1 Like