Birds Gotta Fly

Birds seem to be a popular theme for many. Good thing because I tend to buy fat quarters of bird or bee fabric whenever I see them. I loved this one, and knew I had to use it for something special.

In the OWS swap, there are plenty of opportunities to use up special fabric. I made a pouch for someone who loves pouches… @kwality570. I auditioned the bottom fabric with the ZOOM gang, and with their help, decided to use this double linen on the bottom…it has a bit of a rougher texture than the smooth cotton bird fabric for a bit of contrast.

I wanted the pouch to be one of those open wide ones; the longest zipper I had was a green …the bird fabric has a touch of green, so glad it worked out without my having to go buy anything!

I lined it with a fuschia batik.

Thanks for looking! I hope I have a chance to make more pouches…just love using and making them!

28 Likes

Pouches are great! I love the ‘open wide’ pattern you’ve used. And those fabrics really go great together :hugs:

2 Likes

Super cute! Great mix of fabrics and I love the way the zipper extends beyond the opening.

So cute and love the long long zipper!

Love this! Love the color combo.

This is utterly lovely. The contrasts in both texture and scale of the fabrics are wonderful! Is there any way we could see just how wide it opens with this zipper technique?

I’m in love! I think this was meant for me.

3 Likes

So cute! I love that fabric!

Nice! The fabric is so special and I know that pattern is great.

So pretty!

:tada: Congrats! This crafty goodness is one of this week’s featured projects! :tada:

1 Like

Those birds are great! I love little pouches. It’s so cute.

1 Like

I love the contrast of fabrics. Great choice! I love it when bags open wide and can stand on their own. :smiley:

1 Like