Birth Blessing Candle Tags - Koi Ponds

I had never heard of a birth blessing candle until I was asked to make these tags by a pregnant colleague of mine. Each guest at her baby shower will get a candle with one of my tags tied on to light when she goes into labor.

I made 16 for her all together. Everything is water colored by me (40+ individual fish! and 16 ponds) I have so many extra fish to stick around my house and office now :smiley: She asked for winter colors after seeing some floral tags I had made. The baby will be a Pisces, my inspiration for the fish positions.

BBA.koiTags2

BBA.koiTags1

The text reads (provided by them):
Please light this candle and say a thought or blessing when Tess goes into labor. As the candle burns, let it be a reminder to send your love as she brings her child into this world.

22 Likes

What a lovely shower favor, and your fish are gorgeous!

1 Like

Your fish are beautiful! This seems like a lovely tradition, too.

1 Like

Iโ€™ve never heard of that either, but those sure are pretty.

1 Like

I love your artwork and the fish! I have a koi pond, and I am OBSESSED with these! They are so pretty!

2 Likes

These are stunning! And what a lovely way to support mom and welcome baby!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your so kind words!

This project came at a very good time for me to keep my mind off of some not-so-great irl stuff so it was therapeutic to boot

3 Likes

:candle: :candle: :candle: Your amazing project is one of this weekโ€™s Featured Projects! Congrats! :candle: :candle: :candle:

1 Like

What a beautiful project in more ways than one!!!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Wow! What a beautiful idea!

1 Like

I havenโ€™t heard of a birth blessing candle, either. Itโ€™s a neat concept. Your design is so pretty and also relaxing. I like how you tied the water theme in with Pisces. My son is also a Pisces!

1 Like

What a lovely idea and perfectly done!

1 Like

Those fish are gorgeous! How lucky to have extras to pepper around the place.

1 Like

How beautiful! Your little fish are exquisite!

1 Like

You are all so lovely to send the compliments. I have real esteem issues when it comes to my art so hearing outside perspectives means a lot to me. Thank you!

2 Likes

Beautiful gift idea and absolutely stunning watercolors.

1 Like

Beautifully done! The fish are stunning! I love how you did the fish as a nod to the Pisces sign birth.

It is a lovely way to welcome a child and think of mom.

1 Like