Birthday Cards for autistic boy

Not sure if this is allowed, because it was declined in another group I’m in…thought some of you may like to participate though.

5 Likes

And that’s why, for me, there are no other groups.

I’ll send a card! Do you know about the Happy Mail craftalong here? Bet they’d send cards too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes, please post this in the Happy Mail thread! :innocent: There are a lot of wonderful people over there that would be happy to send some birthday love :heart:

4 Likes

I posted a request for postcards this summer and the LC Happy Mail peeps responded!

3 Likes

Absolutely! I’ll get one in the mail asap, it won’t arrive on time but I’ll explain it had a long way to travel from Canada.

2 Likes

perhaps there could be a thread in the lounge area?

1 Like

This is so sad. Eye’s a little bit broken, will see what I can do, but probs will be late from UK!!

1 Like

Oh I love this. I’ll def have to send one.

1 Like

I didn’t know about the Happy Mail one. I was trying to figure out where it should go! While I don’t know this boy personally, I’m sure all will be appreciated on time or not!

I sent a card!

1 Like

I linked this post in the Happy Mail thread and hopefully more people will send to him.

3 Likes

I did a quick little watercolor to go along with his card. He likes sharks; so do I!

4 Likes

It looks like it’s from that movie…um… Shark’s Tale? I think that’s it. The fish run a car wash? I think it’s very fun and I bet he’ll love it.

2 Likes

Yes! I thought maybe he would like something from a cartoon!

I just googled “cartoon” shark and a black and white image showed up…I needed something quick and easy!

2 Likes

I went with Spider-Man colours, since he likes him, including a web in the T

5 Likes

Oh that is fabulous…the “T” is the best!!!

2 Likes

Lazy girl - I bought 2 cards. One from me and I’ll ask the Pre-k kids to sign the other one.

3 Likes

Update: Austin’s Mother told Moote, Kimmie, And Otis this morning that he’s received over 3,000 cards and even one from as far away as Kuwait.

He is actually having a huge birthday party this Saturday, put on by this radio station and the community! This makes me happy!

6 Likes

Awesome update!

2 Likes

That is FANTASTIC, makes my heart happy I got to participate. Thanks @Michelle for sharing this.

2 Likes