Birthday Crown

I made a birthday crown for my little girl. This one is from last year. The badges have Velcro on the back so you can add a new badge every year.

28 Likes

Wow! That is adorable! Super cute.

1 Like

That is super adorable. I have a big birthay coming up, that starts with a “5”, and kind of want that crown :joy:

6 Likes

Love it. Also clever idea to use velcro so the badge can be swapped out. :heart:

3 Likes

This is an adorable idea… and I feel an odd need to make myself one.

2 Likes

I think everyone needs a birthday crown. Great idea. Esp the velcro part.

6 Likes

Ack! This is so, so adorable! Love it!

And yes, everybody needs some version of this on their cake day. I need to make a tiara version for one of my friends :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is super cute! I love the functionality of it, being able to switch out the badge every year.

1 Like

What a great idea! I would wear that every year, even now. :smiley:

1 Like

THIS IS SO DANG CUTE! And I can not express how much I love the idea of the crown itself being part of the birthday tradition with just a new badge every year!

2 Likes

I love the variety of fabrics used! And the badge idea, of course, is brilliant. We just celebrated Epiphany yesterday with a King’s Cake and using the same sad paper crown my oldest daughter made like ten years ago. It finally ripped last night. (RIP crown haha). But this is giving me inspiration! An actual re-usable crown!

1 Like

This is so fab! I remember doing a “I need a crown” swap on the other site some years ago - it was a super fun swap theme. You’ve inspired me to add that to list of ideas :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you all! I’m awed by all your positive feedback!
I sometimes make this kind of crown as a natal gift together with 6 badges and I even made one for our children’s daycare centre.
My kiddos each have their own and every year they are excited to see the new badge which is always a big surprise.

4 Likes

What a wonderful tradition!

1 Like

So freakin’ adorable!

1 Like

Such a cute idea with the badges. You could also do fun badges that have embroidered sayings or images on them like “Went Potty on a Potty” or a toilet or “Outside Playtime” or other such things like that so they could be for more than just birthdays.
I love the fabrics you chose!

2 Likes

Very cool! My family did half birthdays so we had a top hat that came out for the celebration with an index card stuck in like the original Alice In Wonderland illustrations of the Mad Hatter only instead of saying “this hat 10/6” it said “this child 10/6” or however many years old we were…this translates a lot better to normal birthdays, I think is where I was going with that.

4 Likes

The crown is adorable. I enjoy the bright colors and that you put velcro on so it can be interchangeable. My friend had a hat-making day at her house and I made a pointy princess-type hat with breakfast images all over it (this one was made out of paper and tulle). I should break that thing out when I have important brunches. Or better yet, make a crown like this for my son so we can be brunch buddies (he’s six).

2 Likes

A reusable crown sounds just perfect :smiley: it’s adorable and sweet, and if it’s taken care of who says her maybe future kids could also use it

1 Like