Birthday Poster

So I used to make a lot of realy fun and super elaborate drawings for friends on their birthdays growing up. But over the years I have kind of fallen out of practice.

This is the most recent one I did for a co-worker a little while back. He is a fan of many things :slight_smile:

Brownie-points if you can catch all the references!

12 Likes

That would be a super-cool thing to receive for a birthday! Sadly, this is not my genre at all, so I only recognize Dr. Who. Iā€™ll let someone else chime in with the other references! I will say, though, that I like all the positioning. My daughter (14) got stuck in a rut of drawing everything face on, arms dangling. She has been branching out lately and trying to do arms crossed or seated; Iā€™ll have to show her this and have her look at how you used shading and even the charactersā€™ clothing to accomplish it.

3 Likes

Yay, Gambit! When I was little and watching the cartoon, I always thought there was unrequited love between him and Rogue (pretty sure I didnā€™t know the word ā€œunrequitedā€ though).

1 Like

This is great! Not catching any references apart from the ones that have already been mentioned, thoughā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll chime in, too, that I also only catch the Who reference, but this is just awesome!

1 Like

You are an excellent artist.

1 Like

Took the words right outta my mouth!

1 Like

References (according to my son): Dr Who, Avatar the Last Airbender, X-Men, and Yugioh. Nice poster!!!

1 Like

Very nice composition for your friend! Is he into Minecraft and Monty Python as well?

1 Like

You got them all! (Or at least your son did!)

You know Iā€™m sure he does, but Iā€™ll have to ask!

The only reason I ask is because the green brick wall reminds me of Minecraftā€¦and the stick leaning on the police box reminds me of the killer rabbit in Monty Pythonā€¦I only knew of two of the referencesā€¦I have been a Dr. Who fan since it began in the 60ā€™s and I do like X-menā€¦

1 Like

Nice! Yeah the brick wall is more for aesthetic and the stick is from avatar the last air bender. But those are very clever ideas!

1 Like

I had such a crush on Gambit. :heart:

1 Like