Birthday scarf on a Cricket Loom

Me and my mum went to an weaving course over 2 days. On the first day we get to calculate and choose yarn and do math! It was not that fun (but it was good, because I learned something). And we did the warping of our looms. On the second day (a week apart) we get to weave.
The course was to make a scarf. The course was held in a yarn store, so that we could choose yarn there, but we could also bring our own. I had yarn with me, but looked in the store, and fell for this color combination.
The warp is Sarah by Permin, 50% shetland wool /50% merino. And for the weaving yarn (not sure what its called in english, woof perhaps?), I chose a soft llama silk (70% baby llama/ 30% mulberry silk).

Now its finished, and I have washed it and its ready to be a present! Its my first weave on a Cricket loom (or the likes), so I see lots of potential to get better! But Im so happy with how it turned out and now I want to make more scarfs!

19 Likes

My goodness, that is gorgeous! I love the dark, moody color combination and the description of the yards makes it sound so cozy and soft. What a lovely gift this will be!

Maybe the word is “weft” in English? We have some folks here who will know for sure!

1 Like

Beautiful scarf, great colours!

The word you’re looking for is weft.

3 Likes

Simply stunning! I love your colorways and the pattern. Plus, how lovely to take the class with your mom!

1 Like

This is beautiful!

1 Like

So beautiful and cozy!

1 Like

Absolutely lovely my friend! The colors are so beautiful. I’m sure it will be adored.

1 Like

Love that you were able to make something so lovely after a few lessons! I love the look of woven scarves and shawls. Can’t wait to see your future projects…and those of your mom’s!

1 Like

It’s beautiful!

1 Like

Beautifully done!

1 Like