Black Cat Pouch

A long while back I made this for @irid3sc3nt and I’m just getting around to posting it now :see_no_evil:

This was my first pouch sewn using faux leather and it was so much fun!!

First I embroidered the cat’s face using a patch pattern I bought from Urban Threads, then I winged the construction of the pouch. Making it lined with small boxed corners for stability.

The pouch is lined with the same fabric I used to make @susieoregon ’s sewing machine cover :grinning:

Here’s the whole package I sent along :hugs:

Thanks for looking! x

23 Likes

It’s great! The embroidery pattern is cool. Love how much attention you paid to all the details, like the little tassels.

1 Like

Thank you! I have a little stash of them and it’s fun to match colours :hugs:

1 Like

That looks so fabulous, really pro. Those tassels with themetal caps are a great finishing touch. I know she just love it all, Halloween is so her thing.

1 Like

Better late posting than never! I’m glad you shared this because it’s awesome! The faux leather is so classy while the embroidered design is fun and unique!

1 Like

@Magpie & @Abbeeroad thank you both for your kind words :hugs:

You had me at “cat”…I love the retro vibe!

1 Like

WOW! That pouch is amazing! I would want this in handbag format so it would not be hidden inside another bag. That little stuffed kitty is adorable, too.

1 Like

This pouch looks so professional!!

1 Like

I totally thought she had bought the pouch. It’s really amazing! My son named the little kitty “Caliope Jr.” after our cat that passed in January (even though she wasn’t a black cat). We call the kitty “Jr” for short. I say it how Indiana Jones’ father does.
I’m so excited for her to receive her package. I didn’t even think about taking pictures, lol.

2 Likes

:fireworks: This purr-fect project is one of this week’s featured projects! Woot! :fireworks:

2 Likes

Oh cool! Thank you so much :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

What a great package! I love black cats and this is adorable!

2 Likes

Obsessed with this! I need about 5 in various sizes.