Black linen boxy shirt

I cut up an old dress that I never wore and used this pattern to make a black linen boxy shirt. The pattern was pretty easy to follow. I appreciate it came with several variants and have plans to make a few of the other options.

26 Likes

Very cute! And it looks great on you! Also, I applaud you for the resourcefulness in making over your dress into something that you’ll get more use out of!

1 Like

Cute shirt! And I so love that you repurposed something to give it a new life.

1 Like

Very nice! Looks much more versatile than a dress! How did you finish the seams? I am guessing the linen frays quite a bit?

1 Like

I used my overcast stitch on my sewing machine on all raw edges. The bottom portion of the shirt was actually taken from the bottom of the dress and I purposely left the hem intact so I didn’t have to fuss with it.

3 Likes

It looks great, and smart idea to reuse the seam.

1 Like

It’s so cute! I love this style of top.

1 Like

Great top! And so cool that you put the lovely material of a dress that didn’t work for you to use.

1 Like

Looks super comfortable!

1 Like

Made another shirt using the same pattern. This time no bottom ruffle and with a super soft hacci sweater knit. It’s giving me slight 80s vibes.

7 Likes

I love them both!!! They look great on you.

1 Like

I can see that you will get a lot of use out of that pattern! Such a different vibe…looks great!

1 Like

Cute!

1 Like

:sparkles: :thread: :scissors: Congratulations! Your Black Linen Shirt is a Featured Project this week! :scissors: :thread: :sparkles:

1 Like

Ooh! I like the style. It looks great on you and also so comfortable!!!

1 Like

Pretty Cute! love this :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Both these shirts look great! Really nice and wearable, I especially love the star print!

1 Like

Welcome to Lettuce Craft @SewingMGuru! It’s great to have new people joining our creative community!

2 Likes

Thank you and welcome!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like