Blossom Blackberry Pie

My husband and I had dinner at the food court adjacent to our local H-Mart yesterday and spotted a ton of raspberries and blackberries that looked amazing and were marked down to 99 cents and $2.50 per 6 oz/18 oz clamshell package. Crazypants good deal. Our kids can eat their weight in those (generally super pricey) fruits, so we grabbed probably 10 packages total. We might have gone a bit overboard, so two giant packages of blackberries went into this impromptu pie (and I made some jam, too).

My nine year old wanted to help, so he cut out a bunch of flowers from the dough scraps, and we added them to the top before we baked. Once it was cool I added color with some petal dust (which is just dry, compressed, edible pigment usually used to color flowers for cakes made out of gum paste). We are hoping it tastes good!

28 Likes

Looks so delish! Beautiful crust.

2 Likes

Great-looking pie! Love all the little flowers. Bet it tastes delicious, too.

1 Like

Oh my what a beautiful pie! It looks and sounds delicious, too!

1 Like

That is gorgeous! :heart:

3 Likes

So pretty! And who doesn’t love blueberry pie?

1 Like

Welcome!

2 Likes

That’s so pretty! I love the coloring.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Yum! This looks tasty and pretty too!

1 Like

Mmmmm…so springy in design and content!

1 Like

:tulip: :sunflower: Congrats! This project is bloomin’ fantastic and one of this week’s featured projects! :sunflower: :tulip:

1 Like

This is gorgeous! The little flowers are such a nice touch :blush:

1 Like

Wow, that is beautiful! and looks so yummy!

Welcome to Lettuce Craft @Robynsteiner :grinning:

1 Like

How pretty. Looks yummy.

1 Like

Thank you! :hugs:

2 Likes

I can always tell your baked goods by just the photo because they always look STUNNING! I’ve never seen a prettier looking pie and blackberry is my favorite. :heart:

2 Likes

It’s a piece of art!

1 Like

this looks so yummy!
and how sweet of your 9 year old to help!

1 Like

That is truly a work of art! I would even stop for an extra moment to admire you & your son’s artistry before devouring it with a scoop of ice cream!! (I love berry pies!!)

1 Like