I started this project sometime last year, but I only recently finished it. :3 I was inspired by blue and white china patterns.
I drew the design on water soluble interfacing and stitched by hand. Unfortunately, I think I put the interfacing on the wrong way, or maybe the pen I used to draw on it was not suited for that purpose because the peacock design ended up transferring a bit onto the shirt underneath.
I ended up unpicking a number of stitches and doing sections over with darker thread to disguise the pen marks. I picked up some heat-removable pens for future projects, so hopefully this won’t be an issue later.
My projects have slowed down a lot since I started my new job at the end of June, but I’m really happy I finally finished this one. :3 I am looking forward to doing more shirts like this.