Blythe Doll Clothes

I’m getting back into making things for dolls and the reasons I quit are all coming back to me, lol! It’s been a frustrating few projects, but I think things are turning out pretty okay! Here are my recent projects:

A denim jacket based on a vintage Skipper pattern. I also made the skirt (terribly - the fabric was way too thick), based on a pattern from Beth Ramsden.

A corset and skirt. The corset pattern is also from Beth Ramsden (though I didn’t follow the instructions completely), and the skirt is just a circle skirt with no pattern.

A fancy dress. I didn’t use a pattern, I just kind of followed the design of the sequins and body conned it to the doll.

I crocheted a couple of projects, too. A summer dress.

And then I added a belt I made.

And a cardigan. Again, no pattern, just kinda some rectangles.

If you wonder why I primarily used the same doll as a model when I have several to choose from, it’s because she has the least unwieldy hair. :laughing:

Thanks for taking a look!

14 Likes

Fun stuff!
I love the “seams” on the denim jacket. Faux, right? Great idea and neat execution.

3 Likes

Yes, they’re faux seams. They were part of the original pattern and I thought it was such a cute idea. It certainly made construction a lot easier! :smiley: Though it still took way longer than I expected to make.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Goodness, I tried my hand at some small dolls clothes (Monster High) and its more difficult that I thought it would be,. So fiddly and tiny! I LOVE that jean jacket! And the corset fits perfectly. The coffin skirt is cool too. The sequence dress is very pretty.

3 Likes

Making clothes for my Blythe is on the backburner in my mind. I eventually want to take her geocaching with me and pose her next to some of the fun caches I find.

My fav of yours is the rainbow summer dress! The colors, the um… ruffley thingies… I can’t think of what they’re called, and the teensy belt make for a great dress. I would wear it.

1 Like

OMG! These are adorable! Esp love the cardigan!!!

2 Likes

Blythe!!! Love the outfits, how fun!

1 Like

I’m in love with the tiny denim jacket!

1 Like

These all look so great! I love how the jacket turned out, and the rainbow dress looks so cute with the little white belt and checkered shoes. Your dolls are lovely too, I love the poofy blue hair!

1 Like

Oh my gosh, thanks for all the kindness, everyone!

I’m planning some more outfits. My mom got a few dolls, too, and now we’re both making stuff. :smile: As my cycle goes, it’s quickly becoming my new craft problem! :upside_down_face::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oooh, definitely share pics if you take her geocaching! That would be so fun and has so much epic photo potential! I’m figuring out my photo situation. I was too tired and impatient to set up scenes this time, but hope to do that when it’s not literally 8 degrees outside.

2 Likes

Cute doll clothes! Must have been so difficult to make.

1 Like