Boho baby blanket set

My lovely co-worker is having her first baby next month and I wanted to make her something special. I’ve learned a ton from her in the last 2 years and just adore her. So… as soon as I found out her color preferences, I got to work. She likes sort of “Boho” style stuff and I got some inspiration googling. This blanket was the main inspiration → Boho Stripes Blanket - The Snugglery

It was too big and a little tooo even on the stripes for me so I played around and came up with this:

I used 6 rows of the main pink color alternating with three cream, both in moss stitch. The gold is 6 rows of single crochet top and bottom and 3 on each side to cover up sooo many joins!

I also made 2 hats to go with it - “if baby spits up one, you’ve got an extra,” was my thinking there.

Here is everything together.

All made with Caron Simply Soft.

This was my first time blocking a thing this big but it wasn’t too bad!

28 Likes

So very sweet!

3 Likes

Beautiful! The hats are gorgeous. All will come in handy and be loved I’m sure. I get the bo ho vibe!

3 Likes

This is so cute. The coordinating hats are too adorable!!!

3 Likes

This is beautiful, and so sweet!

2 Likes

Really lovely and adorable!

2 Likes

What a lovely and thoughtful gift! Nice choice of colors, they definitely work with the boho chic look. I’m glad you kept the leaves on the hats, they work together really well with the flowers.

2 Likes

i am happy to see to leves made the cut.

2 Likes

I kinda had to do it. It was the first idea AND ya’ll resoundingly agreed.

2 Likes

Very pretty colours & those hats are adorable. Snuggly & photo-worthy, baby will look super cute in pics.

1 Like

The set is really beautiful! I love the colors you used.

1 Like

Beautiful! I love the colors, and those hats are to die for. Adorable.

1 Like

I’m glad you chose to add the flowers. It all looks so pretty!

2 Likes

WOOHOO! Your sweet project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! CONGRATS!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

That’s a fabulous gift! So adorable.

1 Like

The new Mom finally got her package in the mail today! I got teary eyed thank you slack messages this afternoon. Leaves were a good idea and she LOVED the roses on the hats.

1 Like