BOLO - Ornament Swaps 2023; Ongoing, and possible Sweat Shoppe Style revival

It was all public, I believe. It was kinda like “shopping” but “lottery” style as you may not get all your top choices.

If I were hosting, I’d make it public. It would help catch any errors.

2 Likes

It was all posted in the thread - I remember being confused my first year when I saw that the people I was sending to weren’t necessarily the same people who were sending to me (as would generally happen in a “normal” swap). But that was a “me” problem! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

When you change the name, you can @ any people who were previously in it in the discussion to say this swap is the one “previously known as”, that way your swap title isn’t a mile long and they will definitely get a notice that swap is happening.

4 Likes

Good idea! I actually don’t remember everyone who used to sign up for it. Maybe once I get the swap posted, I’ll ask people to help me tag people who used to participate. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

For your sanity, I’d keep it public. In past rounds there were occasional mistakes in the send/receive lists that were caught by other participants. Sure wouldn’t want you feeling bad if something was discovered after mailing happened.

3 Likes

Just echoing everyone else here. It was always public. Gatorwrangler would post the list and then tell us to wait until she gave the ok a few hours later that she approved the list and it was ok to start sending… She wanted to make sure people had time to look it over and catch any errors as it they did happen from time to time.

4 Likes

Sounds good! I’ll set it up that way.

2 Likes

The swap is officially open! (I accidentally posted my draft, so I went ahead with it…)
:laughing:

3 Likes