Bomberjack and a course

I want a bomber jacket with poppies!!! So cool; it’s a shame you don’t enjoy wearing it (yet). The other one is equally amazing.

1 Like

What type of fabric is the poppy material? Is it a regular woven cotton? Your second jacket looks really good too! I have long been thinking of making a bomber jacket for my son (I actually purchased a pattern a few years ago) and seeing yours helps with ideas and inspiration.

1 Like

Both jackets are fabulous! You did a fantastic job on both and they look so comfy and fun.

1 Like

Thanks!

@AudiobookLover the fabric is a popeline, a cotton popeline. The other fabric is woolmix and thicker to work with.

The options are endless, sleeves a different colour, colourblocking the front panel, embellishment at the back and/or a smaller one on the front, cuffs and collar in a contrasting colour, …. I think this pattern is so suitable for an eyecatching print or colour. I hope you start work8ng on your sons version!

1 Like

Such a beautiful jacket. So very deserving of being a featured project!

1 Like

Aww thank you! :orange_heart:

1 Like

Gorgeous! Both jackets are, but I love how vibrant the poppy jacket is! :purple_heart::purple_heart: You did an amazing job!

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

These both look amazing, you did a fabulous job making them! And, wow, welt pockets too, that is fiddly!!

I have a bomber jacket pattern somewhere, and I think I’ve felt a bit intimidated by it - you’ve inspired me to go and find it :smile:

1 Like

Yay! You should give it a try. It wasn’t difficult. If yours is, pm me and I can describe the way this course sews it together. Really easy!

Thanks Kirsten!
Welt pockets are not so difficult, but you must sew precisely and neat. I think it makes it look a bit more classy this way :blush: and why not if you can haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks Wendie :sparkling_heart: They do look classy! I have sewn welt pockets once or twice, many years ago - it’s definitely a time to turn the speed down and be really precise :smile_cat: no rushing!

I love how you got two completely different looks from one pattern - really inspiring!

1 Like

I love the poppy jacket; it’s so fun! Red can be a hard color to pull off, but I’d rock that jacket anyway cuz it’s just so joyful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks! I love it so much, I will try wearing it again :+1:t2: