Bonjour, says Dragon

A couple weeks ago, my daughter and I decided we’d buy black canvases and try them out. I made this really pretty blue/gold paint mixture, and stenciled a background. While letting it dry, I thought about what to paint, then decided I wanted to paint a dragon. I felt like I had too much open space behind my dragon, which is why I added in the silver whisps, but once I added them, I realized I needed to add it all over the canvas. He’s in motion!

I made a puff cloud, and declared that he needed to be French…Bonjour!

He’s 8x10 and my son said he could live in his room.

Thanks for looking!

25 Likes

Bonjour! :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, bonjour! That’s some cool detail in the scales and the wisps do add a feeling of motion! I love that your son will have it in his room, too!

1 Like

My son would love this in his room as well! And being that I’m Canadian by birth, he’s intrigued by the French language, so this would be a double win for him!!

Nicely done! I love your colors and well, everything! You’re obviously having a wonderful time painting! Keep it up, I look forward to seeing your next creation!

1 Like

Had my son not decided to give him a home, I would have gladly sent him along to yours!

1 Like

Tres bien!

1 Like

Merci!

Fun! What a fancy dragon.

1 Like

Cute!!!

1 Like

I love it! Dragons rock my socks off! <3

1 Like

Cute! The texture in the scales and background looks fab!

2 Likes

He’s too cute!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Dragon is one of this week’s featured projects.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feature and thanks for all the dragon love everyone!

2 Likes

Quel beau dragon!

2 Likes

I love him! He looks great. How did you like the black canvases?

1 Like

Thanks!! The black canvas was different, but it definitely gave a cool look. I have 1 more I can play with.

1 Like