Book Nook Altered Altoid Tin

I altered this Altoids Tin for the Winter Book Swap for my partner @Bugaboo .

I purchased Mid-Century Modern scrapbook paper from Alpha Stamps as well as a grip of tiny books.
I lined the inside of the altoid tin with the paper and also the back and front of the tin. I didn’t like how plain the books looked, so I used my washi tape to create book jackets.
The left interior is a photograph from a Mid-Century Modern book that I borrowed from the library and poured over until I found an image that I liked and would work in the space. Weird thing, there were only three books on the subject and they were all at one branch of the library.
I used a combination of Loctite Superglue, E-6000, and Matte Mod Podge.

The “dearest to my heart” refers to books.

Constructive criticism encouraged. I had a helluva time getting the dimensions for the interior papers correct.

27 Likes

This turned out great! What a groovy book nook!

1 Like

Nice job, love the idea of using washi tape to help decorate the books!

1 Like

I love it! No criticism here. Everything seems to fit perfectly. Love the little line of books around the outside edge.

1 Like

Its utterly adorable. Books, books, books!

2 Likes

This is beautiful and the washi tape is genius

2 Likes

Washi tape! I don’t know if I would ever have thought of that! Genius!!

1 Like

I love it!

1 Like

Eeek! So cute and dainty!

1 Like

So cute and fun! I was surprised at the precision involved in making one of these altered tins the first (and only) time I tried. Yours looks fantastic!!

1 Like

I love this! Such a clever idea!

1 Like

Be still my heart… this is utterly delightful!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Book Nook Altered Altoid Tin is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like

Love it! Really beautiful!

1 Like

Wow! Thank you so much! Should I give a speech? :sweat_smile: