Bookish Book Covers

I love toting books around with me, but I don’t love how the covers get damaged in the process. The switch to digital books mostly solved this problem, but I still prefer paper to a screen. I used to have a nice travel cover, complete with a light, but that is long since lost. It didn’t fit most of my books, anyway (I like 'em big, lol).

I was browsing Pinterest and came across this design for an adjustable cover. What a fantastic idea! I did assemble it in a slightly different way, but the outcome was pretty much the same.

The fabrics, I found at a local shop (actually went to two different locations to get what I wanted…still couldn’t find this fantastic cats&books print that I saw on their website, but you can’t win 'em all, and it’s available online if I decide I really need it). Still, book covers that look like stacks and shelves of books and open up to pages from various novels and fairy tales…

I made one for myself and one for my Winter Book Swap partner.

20 Likes

What a great idea! I love the fabrics that you picked.

1 Like

Wow! Yes, great fabric!

1 Like

This is awesome! And your fabric choices… OMGosh… I may or may not be drooling a little…

1 Like

Thank you guys!

The fabrics are all available from Fields Fabrics, and they’re on Etsy (there are other shops that carry them, as well, along with a few other very similar prints from the same designers).

2 Likes

Such a fab idea!

1 Like

These are so beautiful, and I love that they are adjustable. Well done!

1 Like

These are just great!

1 Like

Beautifully done and I love the interior fabric.

2 Likes

Beautiful and functional, the best combination!

1 Like

That fabric is so golden, wow, what a perfect find for this project! I like the idea of an adjustable book cover too, very smart. I have so many bookish folk in my life, I will be bookmarking the tutorial for future gifts, thank you for linking to it.

1 Like