Bookmark swap 2024 S/U 15 Feb-26 Feb S/O 18 Mar COMPLETE

I started today and my bookmarks are … somewhat large haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I do like them, so I’ll leave it this way.

Partners, you will need to read big/llarge/heavy books :books::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

I’ve made one, but I’ve got too many ideas!

4 Likes

That always happens to me! I blame gremlins.

1 Like

I’m still in the idea stage. Everything looks like a bookmark right now…

I did find the missing supply so that idea is on the table again.

3 Likes

Finished bookmark 2 last night. One to go! But I have a plan and my supplies sitting ready.

1 Like

We have a sender!

Gallery is up!

4 Likes

Finished my third bookmark!

Also might have permanently scarred my lungs and/or poisoned myself because I was impatient between coats of watercolor spray sealant. Remind me to never do that again. Using the embossing gun to speed drying time is fine for watercolors…not so much for sealer.

Patience is a virtue I need to embrace more.

6 Likes

what sealer do you use?

I use Krylon UV-Resistant Clear Acrylic Coating in either Gloss or Satin depending on the project. I adore the stuff because it never blurs or alters the base art. I do three coats to make sure pieces are thoroughly sealed.

1 Like

Noodled around a bit last night. Hopefully get some more accomplished tonight/ tomorrow. One thing I know is that if you’re dragging all your supplies up to make a mess on the dining room table, your craft space is not working for you :confused:

4 Likes

Ack! Hope you’re feeling better!

1 Like

I am, thanks! It was not my smartest moment.

2 Likes

I’ve had some of those moments as well. :heart:

1 Like

I sent to all 4 of my partners! Finally got to the shop to laminate them last night. I went with a sort of theme and made quite a few so I ended up having a lot of little bitty bits to glue on, took me a few nights, whew. I do like how they turned out tho’, hope y’all will like them too!

7 Likes

Woohoo!, exciting!!! :partying_face::tada::blush:

1 Like

I think this gallery will be epic!

1 Like

I’m making good progress. First bookmark nearly complete and a great start made on bookmark #2.

1 Like

I started in on it, then I made a cut wrong, so I drew up a sketch on how to solve the issue.

I have one finished, or at least at the stage where I squint at it occasionally, wondering if it needs just a bit more. The second is fully planned and maybe halfway created, so far. Had to rethink one part of it but it’s coming along!

1 Like

I am almost done with all 4 bookmarks, it needs some finishing touches. I hope to send this weekend :smiley:

1 Like