Bookmarks, bookmarks and more bookmarks 😆

I made some practice bookmarks in preparation for the bookmark swap.
The top picture is the regular and the bottom are shakers.
I did all of them on my embroidery machine and had fun playing around and trying different things. The shakers are a lot of fun but Im not sure if they might be too thick as a bookmark

18 Likes

Cute!

But yeah, I have a bunch of bookmark embroidery patterns & I think I’ve made one b/c while they’re ok for a book you’re going through pretty quickly, they will warp your pages if you leave them in a book too long. :cry:

2 Likes

These are great!

2 Likes

Love them!
What if you stitch them to a long ribbon with a coordinating bead or charm on the other end so the thin ribbon is between the pages and the fun-to-look-at embroidery can sit on the cover (luring you back for some bedtime reading-not-scrolling)?

4 Likes

These are great! “Quitter Strip” has been a fave phrase of mine for awhile, so that one especially tickles me!

2 Likes

wonderful

1 Like

These are all wonderful!!

1 Like

I want the due date bookmark for meeeee. :wink:

1 Like

These are all so fun! I love the shakers (though of course the quitter strip is my fave because it’s so me and so cute and sitting on my bookshelf).

1 Like

These are all awesome!

I like the idea of attaching the shakers to a ribbon. Or maybe attach the shakers to a wide elastic to make a bookmark like this:

I know someone who would dig that Mogwai. :grin:

4 Likes

Quitter strip is a personal favorite bookmark quote of mine, too. I also love Gizmo!
The shakers would make cool keychains as well as bookmarks.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea, thank you. Now I get to look for fun matching beads :laughing:

1 Like

Ohh that’s awesome too. I have a ton of fun printed FOE that would look great as a bookband. Thanks for the idea

1 Like

:sun_with_face: :rainbow: Woo hoo! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :rainbow: :sun_with_face:

1 Like

They are all super fun! It looks like you had a good time making them. My favorite has to be “quitter strip” because it is hilarious.

2 Likes