Books and Cats and Butterflies, a greeting card fiasco - part 2

I had 2 partners for the Little Good Things with somewhat similar items listed in their questionnaires so I thought I’d use more of my time carving a special stamp to make card sets for both of them. I started out with plenty of time but ended up spending most of it looking for my lost supplies. First it took ages to find the stamp carving blocks, like days of pulling out baskets and bins, totes, tubs, drawers, emptying closest. There is no floor anymore, everything is everywhere and has been riffled through. I did finally locate those but the carving tool was not with them, argh! I didn’t have enough time to look through everything again so I tried to do it with wood carving tools instead. They are the same, right? They are not the same. It was a mess. Now I had no time left for this project so I had to do something entirely different. But I couldn’t let the idea go and when I found that carving tool in with a bunch of pens on a day I had some time, I went for it.

These are my testers, I guess I didn’t get any photos of the card sets themselves.

The idea for a book stack using more than one stamp is floating around the internet. You can pile them up in different orders so they look like more books than they are.

The cats, well. They make things so much more fun. Especially that one with the giant eyes, you can just tell something wild is about to happen with that hyper kitty!

34 Likes

OMG I am in love with these! (And I’m not even a cat person!)

2 Likes

These are so adorable! I love that you made stamps so you can make so many more!
I’m imagining puppies, a mouse, or maybe even a sloth sitting atop those books!
PS. Cats are best though.

5 Likes

Your stamps are so wonderful and lively!! I love these so much - can’t wait to see them in real life :heart::cat2: squee!!

2 Likes

Liked by cat people and non-cat people alike? Woo, guess these rascals are winners, glad I persevered and made them after all :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Love these!
The idea of using stamps that go together in different ways is one of those :woman_facepalming: now why didn’t I think of that? moments.
:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I love how versatile those book stamps are…I can see them vertical as well with cats peeking from the side…the one with the big eyes looks like my little guy…he is a mischievous imp…always getting in some sort of trouble.

3 Likes

You’re in for a treat - they’re even cuter in person! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

I absolutely love your stamp set, and the cats make it even better!

I might have to attempt something like this…

2 Likes

Oh my gatos! These are fancatstic! Specatular! Catorable! Bookalicious!

4 Likes

I LOVE these! Love the stackable books idea. Awesome stamps.

2 Likes

You have some talent there, my friend! I never would have thought to carve a book stack…it’s totally my daughter! Well done.

2 Likes

LOVE how the book stacks are rearrangeable.

3 Likes

Such a clever project! With interchangeable pieces! AND KITTIES!!!

:cat2:

3 Likes

You don’t even have a picture of my favorite bit! (The cats peeking over the edge of the envelopes.)

These are great; I need to make some book stack stamps!

2 Likes

Amazing! I love the modular aspect of these kinds of stamp sets, so you can get so many more end results!

2 Likes

I love these! And the wide-eye cat is adorable. You can tell he’s ready to do zoomies.

6 Likes

So stinking cute!

2 Likes

These are wonderful! I love how they can be combined in so many different ways.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the sweet comments. :smile:

I usually take photos of my work but I have been so chaotic lately it must have slipped my mind, oops!

2 Likes