Bootie Tweak

Sounds a lot more interesting than it really is. I fixed up a pair of boots.

I really like these but they are el-cheapo boots that have seen better days.

I wanted to wear them without looking like I’d just pulled them from some random dumpster, so I got out my leather samples and found one that looked okay with the existing pleather. Then I got to work. More photos of the finished product:

Thanks for looking!

22 Likes

Oh, wow! Great save! And of course, the bonus is that they look even more stylish than they did before, too.

2 Likes

Lol! Thanks!

1 Like

Nice save!

I think this idea would also work for some boring booties…I mean the charms in the back with the contrasting leather piece…love it!

2 Likes

Wow wow WOW! What an amazing save! You totally gave this booties an upgrade!

2 Likes

Thank you, ladies!

1 Like

I stitched the charms down. I didn’t want them getting caught on things or flopping around.

3 Likes

Great save! I really like the charm and choice of leather. I have tried to similar things to various shoes/boots with less than stellar results. The problem, for me, is where the leather needs to flex. I just couldn’t get the leather to stick. Do you have any pointers? Thanks, Donna

2 Likes

Most definitely! lol we have charms for our bags, our keychains, our windows…now booties! lol

2 Likes

I used E6000. This is a bit of an experiment for me, so we’ll see if it sticks. It’s flexible glue so my fingers are crossed….

2 Likes

Hope you’ll post updates! I might not have discovered the wonders of E6000 when I did my mine, so I will try again.

3 Likes

Awesome save and upgrade! They’re even cuter now.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

So fun!! Cute save.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Smart way to cover that crack in your bootie :laughing:.

I have at least one pair of comfortable boots that I stopped wearing because the pleather was cracking. I’m going to have to look through my supplies and see what I can do. You did a great job of taking something worn and not only giving it new life, but giving it a new bit of style!

4 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

I never would have thought about refinishing them. Glad you could save a beloved pair of boots!

2 Likes

These are great. I especially love the back with the little key charms added. So fun!

2 Likes

So cute! You did excellent with the leather.
The closest I’ve come to fixing up some booties was the bottom edge was tearing up a bit so I used a brown Sharpie and it’s hardly noticeable. :grin:

2 Likes