Breaking News Announcement: Our first CAKE DAY!

How is it I don’t know this tradition? My parents are all about saying the things wrong on porpoise.

Did you see, this is somebody’s ATC theme. Misheard song lyrics. I got a little too excited and had to set that claim aside for a while, lol. I’ll come back to it.

Every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you. ha. My friend’s little sister could not be convinced those weren’t actually the words. “How could anybody take a piece of “Me” with them? How?!” There was no explaining it to her, it was hysterical :smile:

7 Likes

Nice work, @Pigeon! And great haul, @Magpie! :grin:

2 Likes

ha ha yeah…we do it with common sayings, and song lyrics…you have to know what the original words were to be funny, though…

A penny found is a penny lost…

Nice birthday gifties…and the not-so-little-one did an awesome embroidery job!!

3 Likes

shh, she is having a bday this summer. Until then, dad is place holding for her at his email addy. I wanted her to share our cake day though, she has been waiting soooo long to join ;). She’ll get all the nice notifications when she is old enough to take over. I am excited for her!

9 Likes

Ok…mum’s the word! I am so excited for her!

1 Like

I’m innocent of whatever I’m being accused of, I swear! :rofl::wink::innocent:

2 Likes

I am positive it was one of you Portland girls…so you have a 50/50 chance of being innocent…

3 Likes

Happy birthday and yay! It’s such a great resource.

1 Like

@Magpie Late to the party, but still wanting to give you a big Bday hug from me and Lana! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@magpie you did make out like a bandit. Fabulous.

@AIMR in our house if we eat too much cake, we’re about to die of beetus

1 Like

ha ha I am keeping that one!

1 Like

What excellent gifts!! Especially the cross-stitch by @Pigeon!!!

Hope you enjoy all your new books!! We can never have too many!! :wink:

2 Likes

I love this so much! Greetings from the past, future @Pigeon!

4 Likes

I love that your husband bought the books you showed him. Years ago I sent my husband a list of things I wanted, completed with links and explanation. He didn’t get me any of it. So now, if I find something I like I get it myself. :wink: Okay, he is better about it lately. But… :laughing:

3 Likes

He’s completely fascinating by what we do, he loves our crafting & can’t get over the talented people I know. He is simple astonished at everybody’s projects. Very supportive, he’s just great about my craftastrophes, lol!

11 Likes

Happy birthday, @Magpie! And such a wonderful cross stitch, @pigeon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are no “craftastrophes” just incredibly creative opportunities for learning!

4 Likes

@pigeon I love that cross-stitch. Welcome x

1 Like

I’d say that he’s no slouch in the crafty skills department. I seem to recall a fabulous needle felted squirrel that he made…

2 Likes

Right? That was an impressive crafternoon. And I have that felted guy in my studio, he’s the cutest!

4 Likes