Bride of Frankenstein Painting - Monster Jam

I have a huge blank wall when you first walk in my house, All my other walls are full of art and I knew I needed something there that was larger. I went back and forth about painting something myself because we are all our own worst critics and I knew I would nitpick it all the time. Plus, my painting skills are very rusty, especially doing larger pieces. It’s been over a decade. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I decided on the Bride of Frankenstein. I am not happy with how she turned out, but I had help from my 21-year-old cat, Venkman. Whenever I look at it, instead of seeing all the flaws, I will remember the fun I had painting with him.

Ignore the rest of my house. Here it is on the wall. I plan to put more pictures around it.

and here we are painting together!

Thanks for checking it out!

Join in the fun! 2020 Monster Jam - April Craftalong
Monster Jam 2020-01

9 Likes

You aren’t happy with this painting?! How is that even a thing? It is fabulous! But I guess that’s the thing with monsters, right? They always leave you with a little unease.
I love how she looks like Frankie’s sweetie but she’s her own character. We’ll done, you 2 cool cats :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I love this so much! You did a FANTASTIC job!

1 Like

Well actually it’s really freaking good!!! I love it!

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind comments. I am so used to the control of a marker that painting was frustrating.

The scale is amazing! And I love the geometric background against her tilted face. Your shadowing is SPOT ON.

:metal:

But my fav is obviously Venk helping the project along. Hi baby!

:heartbeat:

1 Like

You did an amazing job! Flaws? What flaws?

And awww, Venk! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love it! I love the sharp angles and how her hair blends into the background. I think you did a great job.

2 Likes

OMG! I am dying! The Bride is my favorite next to the creature. Best ever!

1 Like

Forgot to add that she is 28" x 22".

This is fantastic! I love the pop of yellow!

1 Like

beautiful! your color scheme is perfect.

1 Like