I got this dress from my mother in law a million years ago, before she passed away. I love the print (which is why she gave it to me) but the top never would have fit.
Seriously, the top placket was less than 32" in diameter- smaller than my band size. It did have a generous flowy bottom and back that was made with large pleats.
So I picked out a lot of seams and reconstructed it into a long skirt. It is about 26" inches in length, from wait to bottom, after all the hemming.
I made simple elastic waist band and the front is made with 2 smaller panels. I originally wanted to make this up into the burda style pattern “schnitt” but couldn’t find a way to make that work with the seaming already in place.
It’s super comfy and I’m hoping I’ll eventually get to go back to the office and burn my coworker’s eyes with the florescent pink and orange.