Bring Back (a little) Macrame! Art 2020 Q1 Challenge Entry

Everything about this is completely adorable!! I’ve been dabbling a tiny bit with macrame, but my experiments are no where near as darling!

1 Like

I love how you were like, “oh and I needed a little plant so I just made one.” lol
This is adorable
Also, I am pretty sure that macrame has made a comeback in recent years. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think it really went away…it has transformed and I have seen some pretty impressive wall hangings that command a lot of money!

I still love making and wearing macrame necklaces and ankle bracelets…there are so many nice hemp colors from the days of that plain brownish color…

Thanks…and yeah, I am constantly distracted by the bunny…I can’t clean my craft room without running into something I find and want to make it NOW…

1 Like

Using embroidery floss… could you go even smaller? Traditional dollhouse scale?
:smile:

1 Like

Holy cow, I had no idea from looking at the thumbnail picture that this was a mini. It’s fabulous!

1 Like

THAT IS SO FREAKING TINY!!! GAH!

i love it

1 Like

Exactly! I marvel at the tiny-ness of it…and a plant to go in it, too…great job!

1 Like

This is awesome! I had no idea it was so tiny!

That is ridiculous in the best way!

1 Like

This is the greatest thing I have seen in a long time. I have those same books. Child of the 70’s to who has macrame planters all over her home. I am so inspired.

2 Likes

lol I was trying to figure out how to make a tiny owl like I had in my dorm room! I also had a lion that I loved…but boy, were those things dust collectors and jute always shed!

I am working on a few more hangers as I will be working on furnishing my doll house this summer.

Thanks, and welcome…hope you will make things of your own and show them off! We love seeing stuff people make…

1 Like

This is AWESOME!!

1 Like

This is so brilliant!! Makes me happy just to look at it!

1 Like