Broken Herringbone Car Quilt (plus a baby one)

I’ve totally failed at posting here recently… like, it has been far too long… so what better way to try and get going again than with a finished project from a previous swap from former place?
I did a block swap over there maybe 8 years ago… and the plan was to make a quilt for my new at the time queen sized bed. but that failed. i never even made my own blocks! In current times, while now creating youtube content and trying to clean my sewing room at the same time, i decided it was time to put these 24 blocks to use, and potentially donate. But then I liked it too much, I couldn’t let it go! Now it gets to live in my car for all the future road trips and lawn seat concerts.

I decided a 4x6 quilt was too long, so I also made this little baby 4 patch one to go with it :slight_smile:
this one did get donated, since I have no tiny human in my life and my kitty has PLENTY of quilts of her own :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

Both of these are so beautiful! The colors together are soothing but very interesting…glad you stuck it out…did you use a regular machine to quilt it? I have not seen that pattern before…it is lovely with the curves!

1 Like

What a gorgeous quilt! I love the colour combinations, and the border fabric is a great choic that really ties all the blocks together.

1 Like

This is so gorgeous!!

1 Like

Really nice! Great balance of vibrant and soothing colors & of repetition and change in the pattern.

1 Like

I used my computerized long arm to do it :slight_smile:
i wanted something modern-ish, and this seemed to be right right fit once i found it!

2 Likes

I found the blocks i made! :grinning:

It looks great all together. That colour scheme is so classically fresh…

-wanders off to dig out that pattern cause its not like i have eleventy billion other things to do-

3 Likes

These are great! The blocks coordinate so well for having been made by others! Love the flow in the 4-block set!

1 Like

Oh jeez…I totally missed that part of the blocks being made by others!! As I was admiring the quilt, I thought, I have a lot of those fabric scraps…“we must shop at the same place”…ha ha…I laughed when I realized I actually made a couple of those blocks and just forgot about them!

Well, I guess I better find the quilt block pattern…the quilt did turn out beautiful and I am glad I was part of it now! lol

3 Likes

I miss the block swaps. We did a bunch of those once upon a time

I only knew for sure i participated in this one cause part of my wedding “going away” dress popped out at me.

2 Likes

I miss @carolb…she was here for a bit and then disappeared. I didn’t realize 8 years was when we made those blocks…I am sure I still have a few sets that I never put together…I sure had a blast making some of your blocks…I learned so much and loved your color combos!

1 Like

Those fabrics are amazing and I absolutely love the herringbone! What a lucky car to have a quilt like this. :slight_smile:

Beautiful!

Totally gorgeous! And even more so, when considering that it was made by multiple hands.

So pretty! I love the colour combination.

i totally had to search for it, given that i didnt even make my own blocks for the pattern i picked! i’m excited to potentially make something using the pattern… along with my other thousands of things to do :sweat_smile:

2 Likes