Bubblegum Sweater

I found a sweater pattern to make for my niece. She picked out the color. She chose Big Twist in bubblegum… I’m not quite sure why they chose to name the color bubblegum, as it looks nothing like the traditional pink I associate with the name. But I really like the color, and so does she.

Her face lit up when I brought the sweater out today. I used this pattern, initially in the size 10/12. Even though I checked my gauge and it was perfect, the sweater was waaaaayyyyy too tight. I had to make it again in size 14/16 using one size larger hook than called for. I had to shorten the sleeves, and I altered the collar and sleeve ends. I like the ribbed look better. It fits her much better this time, and hopefully will fit for a bit before she outgrows it.

Here is one more photo, with Grumpy Frog adding her crazy self to the picture fun. :joy:

28 Likes

Adorable…and she sure looks pleased with her new sweater…a very nice color! I am sure she will love it while she can, and even after it gets too small, looks like she has a sis to hand it down…and of course, the fond memories of her aunt making something special!

3 Likes

That sweater looks so comfy! I can’t believe you made it twice! That’s love right there.

2 Likes

It looks great! She looks suuuuper pleased with it!

2 Likes

It’s just right!

2 Likes

Fantastic job! She looks delighted by her new sweater.

2 Likes

Major aunt points to you!!

2 Likes

It’s really pretty! She looks so happy!

2 Likes

That’s a great sweater! I always imagine making things like that to be really complicated. You’re quite the trooper for doing it twice. She looks delighted. They are both cuties.

1 Like

What a great little staple to her wardrobe! Very striking.

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Bubblegum Sweater is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like

Thank you!

Oh, my goodness. You can tell how much she loves it!

1 Like

Great sweater! I was pretty distracted by adorable cuteness and those sparkly blue pants, woo!

1 Like

:joy: I’d totally rock a pair of sparkly pink pants if they made them in my size

Oh, these are dangerous words to speak on a forum of stitchers, lol!

1 Like