Bunny birth sampler

I stitched this up a while ago when I heard a friend was expecting. The baby has now been born so I just pulled it out to add the name. The pattern comes from CrossStitcher issue 382 and it only took me a few nights to stitch up. When it’s done I’ll probably frame it in this hoop.

25 Likes

Very sweet! :rabbit:

1 Like

So sweet!

1 Like

Awww, sleeping bunny! So cute!

1 Like

Its adorable!

1 Like

Adorable! What a nice gift!

1 Like

This made me “awwww” in my head. Adorable! I love the little sleepy bunny so much! What a thoughtful gift.

1 Like

So sweet and cute!!

1 Like

So very sweet!

1 Like

:fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf: Congrats! This fall-tastic project is one of this week’s featured projects! :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf:

1 Like

How cute!
And perfectly stitched!

1 Like

Yay!! Thanks everyone.

I would normally not go for such a “cute” style but I was looking for a fun quick stitch that I could frame in a hoop (I hate framing!) and in this case, the parents didn’t announce the gender beforehand. I often prefer more neutral styles for babies anyway.

I’ve not visited the baby yet but I’ve seen a few pictures and she’s definitely a cutie! I can’t wait to visit and give it.

2 Likes

It will look really good framed in that hoop. What a sweet gift!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! The new parents loved it. I hadn’t seen the nursery beforehand but it happened to match the nursery colours exactly.

I made another sampler for a little one born last month. I haven’t given it to the parents yet.

I actually came across this one when I was organizing the craft room, it was nearly finished except for the backstitch. I’m pretty sure I stitched it for a friend whose favourite colour is pink, but somehow I never finished it. I did make something else to celebrate the birth of her child, and the kid is now in primary school, so it’s a bit too late to give it to her. So now it’s destined for another baby. Finishing it (backstitch and name) took about one night. I removed the name for privacy.

1 Like