Butterfly Card w matching gift box

I worked on these last week. Who am I kidding? I worked on it off and on for the past two weeks! I had done the butterfly card for another friend but minus the Happy Birthday message prior and decided I had to have that on there in some way. I was making it for a fellow Cricuteer so I wanted it perfect. Please note that this is the perfected card, I have about ten pieces of reject cuts that I didn’t like!

Card design is a combo of Jennifer Maker Marx and Design Bundles. The milk carton mug box is also a combo of JenniferMaker.com and Domestic Heights. The envelope is a standard box envelope (so the wings on the front can remain 3D) but then I added the butterfly closure so the butterfly wings come through the body to make a complete butterfly and it holds the envelope closed without worrying about an adhesive.

Papers are from Recollection. Can’t recall the vellum source. Gems from Hobby Lobby. Gold poster board from Dollar Tree.

14 Likes

What a pretty card. I love how you layered the butterfly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very pretty and I love the color combo you used.

1 Like

What a beautiful card.

1 Like

It’s gorgeous!

1 Like

WOW! So pretty! I love that custom closure on the envelope!

1 Like

Thanks! I had used one of those shades of purple in another card I had done and needed more of that shade. That one pack had five shades of purple. Was hoping to find a comp color in poster boards but couldn’t do I went with the gold since it would work even though I’m not big on purple and gold.

Each of my friends will probably end up getting one of these cards now til I exhaust them all! Hopefully they don’t see it on here first! :wink:

Very pretty!

1 Like