Button flowers

I got a great bag of buttons at a thrift store the other day, and want to use and display them…you know, unlike my previous plan of hoarding until I move.
I googled button art, and saw several bouquets, went to yet another thrift store and got a frame, then designed a stitch to fit.

The stitched part is about 3" x 5", not counting mat or frame.

ETA…
There are LOTS more buttons in the bag! If you have a favorite button project, please share a link!

18 Likes

This is lovely! Great button choices!

2 Likes

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

An absolutely lovely version of the button bouquet! And so smart to find the frame first. One of my peeves is needlework designers not seeming to take into consideration standard (affordable) frame sizes when designing their patterns.

2 Likes

It’s wonderful! And great that you immediately put the fun buttons to good use.

I’ve always liked this project:

And button bracelets/jewelry are also fun.

3 Likes

It’s gorgeous, I love it! Especially the flowers made with the stacked buttons. I really need to use my never-dwindling stash too…

1 Like

I am doing a similar project but I am doing each hoop with just one color of button. So far, I have done purple, orange and yellow. Red is my favorite color, which is why I have so few red buttons…but I am determined not to buy anymore (unless they are dirt cheap at thrift stores!)…I loved that project you linked so much!

1 Like

Absolutely lovely!

1 Like

This is so sweet! The buttons are perfection.

1 Like

So pretty! Vintage buttons are the BEST!

1 Like

That is a fun project, but taking a whole year for a ten inch hoop? What a slacker!

And my collection did a reverse dwindle again yesterday, gaining about a gallon of buttons at the last day of an estate sale. Nobody around here seems interested in buttons and zippers, they go for cheap. I’ve bought about 100 zippers along the way, more than replenishing my depleted stash.

I saw something about dyeing buttons with RIT dye. That opens up possibilities, and gave me an excuse to buy all.the.white.buttons.

1 Like