Buttons? your preference?

That 6 holed white button is shell, I have grabby hands! It’s super unusual, I’ve never seen anything like it.

3 Likes

My grandmother was not the crafty type - these are from my husband’s grandmother. My great grandmother is who I inherited my craftiness from.

I think that one is traditional polyester. I’ll have to go fish it out of the jar again but yeah! I LOVE that it is 6 holes!!

When we bought my husband a new suit last year, I learned a new pattern for buttons! I think it’s called the lotus stitch. looks like a little flower.

2 Likes

I used to have a 12" x 1 2" x8" button box with removable divided trays. One tray was all wood buttons, another one metal, the rest sorted by color. A whole tray of blues and greens, one with red, yellow , orange buttons…
But I didn’t really use that many. Tried to sell the best on eBay when I moved, there wasn’t much interest. I think I donated the rest to a sewing club.

I kept one small bag of buttons, all glass and mother of pearl. I have accumulated a few more since settling down, but I think I’ve used only 3-4 buttons in the last year.

1 Like