C is for Caesar Salad

For the recent Grab a Bag LC Swap for the letter C I chose a Caesar salad!
But not just any Caesar salad…

This is my favorite thing that I’ve made in awhile! Puns, books, history!

I painted the top of the hoop to make it look more like a golden bowl.
Someone boosted a hoop they did recently where they decorated the actual wooden hoop part and I thought that was genius!
The letters were the trickiest part. I bought foam letters that stick on from the craft store and I went over the black letters with hot glue and then painted them red.

I think these photos were the ones @Camelama took actually? :rofl:

18 Likes

Wow, so clever! Love that it has lettuce … and also a murderous pun! The gold “bowl” is such a fun detail, too.

1 Like

This is so fun and creative! You can tell you had a lot of fun making it. The bloody letters are perfection!

2 Likes

I just loved this from the moment I saw it! Punny and well done! Such a surprise for the letter “C” as well!

1 Like

I think my favorite part are the eggs. and the blood.

1 Like

This has all the things! Pun, mash up-edness, the theme. BRILL!

1 Like

That’s so great! For some reason I really love the croutons. :laughing:

2 Likes

I find this very funny! Stroke of genius!

1 Like

:green_salad: :green_salad: :green_salad: Congratulations! Your Caesar Salad is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :green_salad: :green_salad: :green_salad:

2 Likes

@endymion Thank you! I thought of using Caesar Salad as a pun right away! I love puns so much :rofl:

@gozer Thanks! :blush: the letters were the toughest part. I originally wanted all of them to be white, so you could see the blood splatter. But the bag of letters had black and white, but only some letters were white. So I got my handy dandy glue gun and improvised! :grin:

@AIMR awww, thank you! I apparently serve the best salad! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@MegAskunk Thanks for liking the croutons, I had a fun time trying to figure out how to make them. They were a bit tedious, I had to paint all the lines on there very carefully. Also happy with how they turned out.

@Bunny1kenobi Thank you; I’m probably a pretty funny person overall. :blush:

@geekgirl the eggs were super fun to do, I wondered afterwards if they should’ve been bigger, but here we are.

Also yaaay for the feature!!!

4 Likes

This is brilliant - I love a good pun! The blood splatter is just perfect.

1 Like

Hahaha! This is great! I love the mixture of the felt salad and the splatter and the letters. Great idea to paint the hoop!

1 Like

Thank you! The blood splatter was definitely the funniest part.

Thanks you! I had to give it that golden touch, Caesar wasn’t just anybody lol

1 Like

Oh that is super weird & awesome.

1 Like