Cabbage Soup

Mom and I have been making SO many tasty soups the last several months! Even though it’s officially no longer soup weather here, we still love them so much we keep making them, partially because they make such great leftovers and then we don’t have to cook every single day. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Anyway, here’s another one we really enjoyed recently! We’ve already made it twice.

Our only changes were adding half a pound of chopped up kielbasa, and using 3/4 tsp powdered thyme instead of leaves because that’s what we had. Great soup!

5 Likes

Ooo I think I have all the ingredients for this! Thanks for the link, I’ve been so into soups as well lately.

1 Like

As I recall, a similar soup like this was very popular in the late 70’s…it takes more calories to burn it up than what is in the soup! I think it is the cabbage and carrots…anyway, always delicious to have veggies in a soup…looks good, and yes, meals for a few days…

1 Like

YUM! It sounds really good.

1 Like

We love soups at my house, too! The kielbasa sounds like a yummy addition, too!

1 Like

I’ve definitely heard that about the calories in celery, and there’s quite a bit of that in this too! But I’m guessing the sausage and beans more than made up for it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Still a pretty healthy soup, though, and really yummy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That looks so lovely and hearty! Yum!

1 Like

I love cabbage!!

1 Like