Cabernet Savagenon - Needle Felted Dragon

He’s not really “savage”, just likes to act tough.

34 Likes

I love this little fierce dragon. Just love it!

1 Like

Loved seeing some of the process pics…had no idea the amount of detail required “underneath” to make such a wonderful dragon! The feet are incredible and I just love the colors you picked.

1 Like

By cabernet’s beard!!! Im in love!

2 Likes

Fabulous!!!

1 Like

What a lovely fellow with a fun name! I especially love his eyes and tongue.

1 Like

He looks fantabulous! The claws are really great and can I mention that photo set? Woo!

2 Likes

So intricate and detailed! Love your dragon, and I really enjoyed seeing your progress pictures on the other thread.

2 Likes

love this on so many levels - nicely done!

1 Like

Love him!

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!

I took a lot more photos of the process because I’m trying to simplify the process for a tutorial. It’s still a bit too fussy, especially the wings. I also forgot to weigh the cloth I made for making the wings to be able to give some indication of how much fiber to use - but then these wings are slightly on the lacy side which works well enough, but I probably can make the wing fabric a bit more substantial without diminishing its ability to drape nicely during the second wet felting.

I also need to make a tutorial on creating “rests”: i.e. needle felted forms that are used to support the piece’s awkwardness like trying to needle the neck:

I have a collection of “rests” - some fit perfectly between their legs so I can work on the top side of the body without disturbing the legs. Some are cylindrical but most are rectangular. I used to have one that was donut shaped. I may have to remake that one sometime. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks! That photo set keeps evolving bit by bit. I think it works better for the mice than dragons, but we use what we have! :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely love this! I feel like your mice would go on an adventure to slay this dragon, but would end up being friends.

4 Likes

Gorgeously detailed!!

1 Like

There’s a thought!!

I’d have to position the wings back just a little more and perhaps make the neck a little bit longer IF a mouse were ever to end up riding a dragon.
They certainly would end up being friends. :smiley:

3 Likes

Your projects incite imagination and takes us to places of wonderment…I am smiling at a mouse riding a dragon… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I love this. The wings, the stripes, the… everything! And I hope to see a dragon as a mouse mount in the future, too!

1 Like

Oh he’s just beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Omg
He is the cutest dragon ever. :heart_eyes:
The amount of talent you have… :exploding_head:
3D felting is too much for my brain to handle. Like where do you even start…

2 Likes

He’s so amazing! I’m definitely intimidated by his fierceness.

1 Like