Cactus love - machine embroidered pouches

I recently purchased some Kimberbell pouch blanks made for machine embroidery (they’re actually perfect for a variety of projects like hand embroidery, htv, painting, etc). The blanks come with the outer fabric and inner lining already sewn to the zipper. All you have to do is add a design and sew the outer edges of the pouch together.

I ended up with two of these amethyst colored pouches after mistakenly thinking the ‘cactus love’ design came with the pouch blank. It turns out it does come with the blank, but only if purchased from a participating Kimberbell shop. When I bought the second blank (from said participating shop), I also had them ship a kit with the supplies needed to create the design.

I used my own supplies to create the sparkly cactus and the kit to make the metallic ‘leather’ cactus (there was enough of the brown ‘dirt’ fabric for both). The sparkly cactus pouch went to my partner in the ‘Make a Pouch’ swap and the other one is just waiting for me to fill it with treasures :blush:.

17 Likes

Those are so cute! I love the “glass” on the terrariums.

1 Like

How cute are these? SUPER CUTE!

1 Like

I really love this design! I saw it in the pouch gallery and I’m really glad you shared it here too. I’m definitely off to check out the designer :hugs:
Great stitch out!

eta…I’m having difficulty finding the pattern :see_no_evil:

1 Like

It should pop up if you type in ‘Kimberbell Cactus Love’ on Etsy (I checked it on the Australian Etsy site to make sure).

The cactus design is part of Kimberbell’s ‘Fill in the Blank’ program where they sell a project blank with a specific embroidery design (free with the purchase of the blank). Unfortunately, on Etsy there are only two sellers left selling the pouch & design (the fill in the blank designs are limited) and the one with the cheapest shipping to Australia is still expensive at just under $30 to ship the $8 pouch. :neutral_face:

However, the design itself is sent via email, so you would get that right away. I estimated how much it would actually cost to ship the pouch to Australia and the price would be just over $18. So, you could purchase the item, ship it to someone in the US for about $5 and have them ship it to you.

But, either $38 or $31 for an $8 pouch and a ‘free’ design? Once again, :neutral_face:.

1 Like

Yep, lots of :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Might have to admire yours and play around with designing my own :hugs:

1 Like

The vinyl is such a cool element and really gives the feel of a terrarium!

1 Like

Adorable! I love the textures you acheived.

1 Like

Amazing, I love that they’re in little terrariums, such a cool detail.

1 Like

That turned out just fabulous, love it!

1 Like