Calcifer Bookmark

I created this Calcifer bookmark for @Dfabbric in the bookmark swap. Howl’s Moving Castle is one of my fave books and one of Diane’s themes was Studio Ghibli so I instantly wanted to do something with Calcifer. I also wanted a dangler and what better item for Calcifer than a pan of bacon. Both are done in watercolor and sealed with acrylic spray.

19 Likes

That pan of bacon is the perfect touch! Plus he’s so cuuuuuute!

2 Likes

I love him , Thank you so much :heart_eyes: I want to put him on the wall not in a book hiding :laughing:

1 Like

Get out! This is the cutest weird little thing :smile:

1 Like

Absolutely adoooorable! Howl’s Moving Castle is my fave Ghibli film, and I loooove Calcifer, what a fantastic bookmark! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That is amazing and makes me smile! Adorable!

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about Calcifer, but this is adorable and funny!

1 Like

Love this! Great job. :blush:

1 Like

You did an amazing job with Calcifer! love the pan of bacon!

2 Likes

I love the layering of color in the flame and the bacon dangler is the perfect touch!

1 Like

@bunny1kenobi, @Magpie, @Loop-da-Loop, @gozer, @TheMistressT, @Manders, @geekgirl, @Abbeeroad - thank you!

@Dfabbric - I’m so glad you like him! I have quite a few bookmarks hanging on my wall as art :joy:.

3 Likes

You captured the layers of fire so well! And that pan of bacon is so clever.

What spray did you use? I’m always reluctant to use anything ion my watercolors afraid it’ll ruin it.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I use three layers of Krylon Satin Finish. I’ve never had it blur the watercolors, thankfully.

Quite a while ago I did use a different sealer (can’t recall the name now) and that blurred the edges of the piece I was sealing…pretty sure I cried.

The nice thing with the Krylon is it goes on quick and dries quick. You HAVE to use it in a super well ventilated area though because the fumes are heavy. The smell doesn’t linger past a few hours though. And you can seal with Krylon and then apply other mediums on top (like resin) if you want.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you.

2 Likes