Camo with a chance of scrappiness

Completed 4 more hats out of stash yarn. Yay! :crossed_fingers: Maybe I will empty one of my plastic storage bins by the end of the year. Three of these will go to my charity hat bag and one is a gift for someone.

This is the basket weave hat using a camo look yarn for the hat and scrappies from stash for the pompon.

Same camo look yarn for hats and more of scrappy yarn for pompons.

And finally, this one is for a specific person who does not like pompons, so just the camo. Since the pattern no longer appears to have a link, I would be happy to scan and email if you want this one.

13 Likes

Great yarn and great hats! My son does not like pompoms either.
:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Ooo…I love that basket weave stitch!

1 Like

It’s an easy one, but runs large if using the pattern as written. You can see in my photo that it flops down a bit on the head form. It can be made smaller by reducing the number of pattern repeats, or by using thinner yarn and a smaller needle.

1 Like

I like putting them on my charity hats because I think they give a more whimsical look, especially when they are quite a contrasting color like these.

1 Like

I really like that green and the added pops of color from the pompoms! I had to look closely, but now I see the difference in stitches. They all look great!

1 Like

Yes, it was a bit overcast this morning while I was trying to take photos outside, and the muted color/pattern of the primary yarn makes it more challenging.

1 Like

Everyone who receives one of these is going to be delighted.

1 Like

I hope so. Most if them go to our city’s large unhoused population so who knows.

So maybe “delight” is a stretch, but appreciative and warmer for sure.

1 Like

They look great and like they are long enough to cover the ears, which is a must for me.

1 Like

Yes, I get ear aches from cold wind myself, so that’s something I think about.

1 Like