Can we have a digital art + photography art category?

Time moves on and besides being crafty with our hands we can now be crafty on our screens too!
But there really isn’t a proper place to show/share our digital or photography creations.
Also, and I don’t know if this is technically possible, I would love to be able to show my animated photo GIFs on LC.
I’m still talking about everything made by us, but with a camera, photo editing software, publishing software, etc.

1 Like

There is a photography tag in the Art category. Nothing dedicated for digital art, but I think you could reasonably put it in Art with the misc tag for now.

4 Likes

There are a few digital art pieces shared in the current art category, some tagged as drawing and others as misc, depending on the type. And as @megwell pointed out, we do have a photography tag.

Please share your work! We’d love to see it.

1 Like

Thanks @megwell and @Abbeeroad !
Somehow I overlooked that.

1 Like

If there are enough digital art posts, a tag could be in the future.

Re: GIFs, I think I’ve seen one or two around. @sweets4ever - can you comment on whether animated GIFs are ok to post/supported?

1 Like

I’ve shared a gif I made before. I put it in this post.

1 Like

Ah! Great to know, @storerboughtcreation !
Could you tell me how I can post a gif, an animated photo gif, like this one:
(I removed it, because it linked to my Blog.)
here on LC, and which file format it has to be?

1 Like

I made my gif using the GIPHY app. Then just “copy gif” by holding your finger to the gif for a few seconds and selecting copy, and paste what you copied here. It’s like an image, but instead of ending in img, it ends in gif. Here is the file for my tumbling bears gif. I removed the beginning exclamation so you can see what it looks like:

[image|480x480] (upload://4n2zwxFKPv6PQFK7qZxEtX1iD6w.gif)

And when the ! Is there:

2 Likes

Okay…
I make my animated photo GIFs in Photoshop (and then save them for the web, for my Blog). I can’t post those final mp4’s here, and probably also not my psp files…
Will have to look into the GIPHY app.
Thanks!

1 Like

Marc installed an app called ‘Wondershare’ on my pc.
He says I can use it to make animated GIFs for the web, and to edit short films I made on my phone.
I’ll give it a try.

1 Like