Candles and Fireflies Cross Stitch

Got this kit from Michael’s, it’s by Dimensions and called “Be a Light”.

Originally the jars had words on them, but I liked it without. It was stitched on 14 count Navy Aida, and the finished design is 5" x 7". My first project on a dark fabric. Definitely a challenge for the eyes.
Please excuse the reflection of @wittychild’s arm in the glass. :crazy_face: She was assisting me in submitting this post.

26 Likes

It is really pretty…looks like it is actually lit up!

1 Like

So gorgeous! I think you did great leaving the words off.

1 Like

Nice! It does look actually lit up, on that dark background.

1 Like

It looks great! I like the touches of warm, rosy pink light on the glass.
I would like @wittychild to come over and help me hang up artworks at my house too, you gals up for a roadtrip? :hugs:

2 Likes

That’s lovely! I don’t think the jars are missing anything without the words on them.

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

This is so lovely. The colors you chose just glow. I agree, it is better without the words. I think they would have distracted from the beauty of the image.

1 Like

So pretty! Your work is beautiful! This Makes me want to add something similar to my hall picture wall!

1 Like

That’s really nice!

1 Like

That’s so beautiful! I also don’t miss the words at all.

1 Like

Xstitch is so tiny!!

I love the navy adia! Really beautiful

:metal:

1 Like

Ha, careful what you wish for!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Come on, it’s only a 20 hour drive, give or take :smile:

1 Like

The funny thing is I thought there were lightning bug in the jars when I bought it.
Thank you for your encouragement and kind comments.

2 Likes

Want to go for a road trip?

1 Like

I’m very new at cross stitch and showing my work, bug I would like to thank everyone for their encouraging complements. I owe all my success to @wittychild. She has guided me from the start.

1 Like

This is so pretty and a scan of that embroidery would make a beautiful notecard picture, too. Well done working on dark aida.

1 Like

Beautifully done!

Have Q-Snap, will travel? :rofl:

1 Like