Can't kill these succulents wrapped in fabric!

I have become obsessed with making fabric rope when I saw it show up on @Cyn-energy’s Pinterest. I’ve been fabric scrap destashing, and knew fabric rope would be perfecr for her Little Good Thing package. But, I couldn’t leave it at that, so I made it into a bowl. I decided against sewing the rope and I hot glued it. But, a bowl wasn’t enough either, so I crocheted a sweet succulent.

I was showing @endymion these as I was making them because she and I are doing a private swap. She wanted one, too, so she will be getting one as well!

And @magpie, they can’t be killed!

33 Likes

I knew we were going to see more fabric rope projects!!! (I was hoping anyway…)

These are really fun…

2 Likes

Yeah, I had these done first, but had to keep quiet.

More importantly, can they be eaten by cats? Because my little monster eats baby succulents when I bring them home :sob::cat2:

2 Likes

Oooh, I hope not!

She’s been known to steal swap goodies as well. I once received a fabulous stuffed ninja toast (Yep, a piece of bread dressed like a ninja. Gotta love craft swaps!) She still plays with it to this day :woman_shrugging: Cats.

2 Likes

Those look absolutely wonderful! Great job, combines so many good things in one!

1 Like

These are adorable!

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you! You and @endymion have me super excited about crochet succulents after the thoughtful ones you sent me from The Dead Site swaps.

This is so cute! I love the mix of crafts involved. :blush:

1 Like

The little scrappy rope bowls are so sweet and brilliant idea to fill them with unkillable plants!

2 Likes

Ooh, these are great, I def need to make some! I’m a succulent serial killer!

3 Likes

Yeah, me too! I don’t have the right place with the right lighting for plants.

I don’t have any reasons or excuses, pretty sure I just suck :rofl:

2 Likes

Well then, you definitely need one of these in your life!

1 Like

I am mid-way through murdering a little succulent. She has, had, two babies too. They are clinging to dear life. Sad face.

1 Like

I have this decoration thing on my mantle that holds 3 succulents! I’m gonna do this!!

1 Like

Love it!

These are precious! Love the fabric rope pots!