CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

YAY!!! I have missed this thread and of course @AIMR I am going to work on a list and get to crafting!

1. Home Sweet Home hoop for the Stitch Along
  2. Heart Diamond Painting
1 Like

I don’t know if I’ll be able to hit 50 crafts, but I’m going to aim for a few a month. I borrowed a few ideas that I’ve already seen. My list so far:

• Organize craft room
  • Body Pillow Cover in black
  • Amy Butler Weekender Bag
  • Use up zippers
  • Button Bracelet
  • Learn how to use more machine feet
  • Learn how to use my serger
  • Journal covers
  • Bralette pattern
  • Make a stuffed Totoro
  • Bookmarks
  • Make drawer organizers
  • DIY coffee scrub
  • DIY dry shampoo
  • DIY sea salt spray
  • Mustard knit hat with patches
  • T-shirt with cat pocket
  • Headband with feather patch
  • Striped skirt
  • Masterboard
  • Floral knit skirt
  • Arrow wall art
  • DIY febreeze
  • Cat silhouette
  • Cat frames
  • Learn to embroider/finish sampler
  • Embroider on jean jacket
  • Bug pins
  • Hair bows
  • Hair clips
  • Cardboard picture frames
  • Cat scrapbook
  • DIY deodorant
  • Bleach dye wall mural
  • Dye yellow dress black
  • Spiked shoes
  • Mug rug
  • Light box
  • Embroider on jean jacket
4 Likes

Here’s a UFO I forgot about. I bought the yarn (two balls of it) to use to possibly teach my niece how to loom knit. I just wanted to get an idea of gauge.

My MIL’s family has a huge Christmas party every year. It was suggested that next year, the crafty members of the family bring some handmade items to sell - a nice way to support our cottage businesses and gift handmade at the same time. I’ll add this hat to my stash of items to save for that. I think a lot of my destash crafting will end up there.

16 Likes

I love those colors!

Even though I knit and crochet, I love to make hats using the loom…it is a nice way to make a warm hat already sized.

What a nice addition to a different “stash”…

1 Like

Ooh, @tendstowardschaos that is such lovely yarn! Perfect for that hat pattern. Nice pom pom too!

1 Like

Inspired by the Fabric Scrap destash, I made this project:

My wreath is done! I have created it’s own post here.

Also, check out Fabric Rope Bowls and Crocheted Succulents here.

17 Likes

Love these colours :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks! It’s Lion Brand Mandala Thick and Quick.

2 Likes

This hat is so happy! :rainbow:

1 Like

One thing I wanted to do was use up all the small bits of cotton yarn I have that rent enough for a complete project. So I made dish cloths with random yarns.

Since these aren’t “pretty” I won’t mind using them for really gross jobs like cat vomit and really greasy stuff.

This is called a bead stitch. I really liked it. A bit different than a puff stitch because you work around the post of a double crochet rather than work as a normal stitch.

13 Likes

Oh man I wish I had been on here a little more! Life has been busy but I join a group on facebook that is doing a 52 week sew a long! So I will try and post here weekly as well. The first week was getting your sewing space cleaned up and right now the theme is UFOs. I might not follow the theme for each week but it will help motivate me!

1 Like

@geekgirl Those are great! I only know the basic, basic, baaaasic crochet stitches and now I’m tempted to pick it up again and learn more!

1 Like

My first finish of the year was for the Little Good Things swap and it was received yesterday. Here it is

3 Likes

Those washcloths are fantastic, @geekgirl! I would think that the bead stitch makes them great for scrubbing.

I love your cross-stitch crow, @Immaculata! So pretty and well-stitched. Crows and ravens are some of my favorite birds, too (even gave DS2 a name that means raven, and he is just as mischievous as his name would imply :joy:).

1 Like

I haven’t posted to my facebook group yet. But I had found these two blocks during my sewing room clean up (they might be ones my mom made as the piecing looks a little more perfect than my usual :laughing:). The little green star is perfect size for a coaster and the squares is a nice mug rug/trivit size. So I did some quick stitch in the ditch and bound them. Now they are all finished!! :grin:

15 Likes

The dishcloths and the little quilting projects look so great!

Dishcloths are such a great way to practice! Who cares if they come out wonky!

2 Likes

Nice! I never know what to do with spare blocks from other projects…good idea to turn them into pretty useful things.

1 Like

@AIMR thank you! And yeah I don’t do a ton of big things so I like making little things like these.

So my mom and I have been getting into custom printed fabrics. And one that we really like is backstitch. Well awhile ago they had some retail and I was super lucky to score some of the Harry Potter jellypens as toddler toppers. So its just two pieces of minky that they print for you to buy and do a quick stitch and flip. So I did up this Honey Dukes one to give to my nephew. His mamas are Harry Potter fans so I thought it would be a good one for him.

10 Likes